New Software Suite Helps Deliver Complex RT Regimens
By MedImaging International staff writers
Posted on 01 Nov 2018
Image: Integrative oncology software enables precision radiation therapy (Photo courtesy of Elekta).
A new suite of data-focused integrative oncology software enables precision radiation therapy (RT) treatment regimens, while simplifying and streamlining the delivery of care.
The Elekta (Stockholm, Sweden) MOSAIQ Plaza software solution is a patient-centric, integrative operating system designed to work seamlessly with Elekta's RT systems. Key features of the suite include:
• Elekta SmartClinic, which enables process visualization and automated streamlined care coordination with fewer clicks and portability.
• Monaco HD treatment planning, designed to deliver fast and accurate treatment plans with the aid of smart sequencing and true multicriterial optimization.
• IBM Watson for Oncology, a powerful tool that augments clinicians' expertise with evidence-based decision support, providing patients with data-driven care, regardless of where they are treated.
• Voice Automation, which integrates Palabra (Seattle, WA, USA) cutting-edge voice recognition technology and customizable templates with MOSAIQ, reducing the time needed to create accurate patient notes.
• Care Collaboration, which supports tumor boards and multidisciplinary meeting experiences with cross-specialty data visualization.
“We believe that clinicians and patients around the world should have access to life-changing, life-saving care. Achieving this goal requires advanced radiation therapy solutions,” said Richard Hausmann, CEO and President of Elekta. “Our focus on precision radiation medicine reflects our commitment to innovating solutions that enable personalized radiation therapy that can rapidly be adapted to changes in tumor size and shape, and use intelligent data processing to streamline treatments.”
Elekta's RT systems compatible with MOSAIQ Plaza software include the Elekta Unity, a high field magnetic resonance radiation therapy system that allows clinicians to see and track difficult-to-visualize soft tissue anatomies during radiation dosing; the Leksell Gamma Knife Icon, a precision for intracranial stereotactic radiosurgery solution with CBCT imaging; the Versa high definition dynamic radiosurgery (HDRS) platform, which offers precision RT treatments throughout the body in standard treatment time slots; and Venezia, a gynecologic brachytherapy applicator designed to treat advanced cervical cancer.